OP
sikorskys

sikorskys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 months.

Mushrooms, yellow polyps, GSP and zoas are doing well. But Xenia and my palemon shrimp have died. I was out of town for two weeks, so I cannot say what happened. That's not the first time I'm losing Xenia though, it just don't like me or my methods :)

This thank still should be considered as a work in progress, I haven't done with it yet. So, more boring cheap softies to come :) Few palys, C. Papaya and something alive and with legs I'd say :)

OP
OP
sikorskys

sikorskys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking pretty nice. I'd vote for some ricordea and a few hermits to mow the lawn ;)

Thank you. I don't like rics because of their bad temper, they would try to kill everything around :) Ever worse, they are moving all the time, so after a while a tank this small would become ricordea dominated.

Irsug1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mention the LEDs getting hot. Did you address this?
My first thought is drill holes in the wood to create a cooling updraft through the heatsink.

OP
OP
sikorskys

sikorskys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mention the LEDs getting hot. Did you address this?
My first thought is drill holes in the wood to create a cooling updraft through the heatsink.

Really, my heatsink heats a bit more that I'd like. Drilling holes won't help though.

I've used an old CPU fan to make this LED unit. It's not solid, there should be alot of air moving through it:

In fact, I didn't address heat issue at all. Sure it's bad for my diodes, but I can live with that :) Most likely, LEDs will degrade a bit faster that supposed, but it will take years (I hope) to make any difference.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good!

OP
OP
sikorskys

sikorskys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Five month old :)

This is the easiest tank I've ever had. Suddenly, GHA is mostly gone. The most annoying thing to do now is to keep glass clean. It needs to be cleaned at least two times per week.

By the way, that UFO next to the tank is my new air pump, Aquael APR 300 Plus :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool little reef!

Back