Tiny Glass Ball Anemone!

therealraf02

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 12, 2024
Messages
449
Reaction score
171
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured I'd share some pictures of the glass ball anemones I spotted in my reef. I'm guessing they hitchhiked on the gulf live rock since I have some in my other tank as well.
b2901d23-e36d-4b79-bb3f-8a4a33b4ca07.jpg
f66ef967-0604-491c-94bf-ca31232808b4.jpg
d16f5596-825b-4a7c-837b-ad4f3995f663.jpg
 
Here's with flash. On a side note, impressed by my neon dottyback's caving abilities lol. I wonder if the presence of a lot of nooks and crannies is a reason why this guy has been a role model citizen.
 

Attachments

  • 20250929_000204.mp4
    20.9 MB
Yup looks to be Ball Anemone....
They're not actually real anemones and don't sting. They're like mushroom corals but will spread. From what I know some spread like crazy in tanks other times not so much.
 
Yup looks to be Ball Anemone....
They're not actually real anemones and don't sting. They're like mushroom corals but will spread. From what I know some spread like crazy in tanks other times not so much.
True and to add to this that their tentacles are sticky and can sting other corals as they are trying to capture food and why they are also considered a pest!
 
Figured I'd share some pictures of the glass ball anemones I spotted in my reef. I'm guessing they hitchhiked on the gulf live rock since I have some in my other tank as well.
b2901d23-e36d-4b79-bb3f-8a4a33b4ca07.jpg
f66ef967-0604-491c-94bf-ca31232808b4.jpg
d16f5596-825b-4a7c-837b-ad4f3995f663.jpg
Did you get any other hitchhikers on your rock?
 
Figured I'd share some pictures of the glass ball anemones I spotted in my reef. I'm guessing they hitchhiked on the gulf live rock since I have some in my other tank as well.
b2901d23-e36d-4b79-bb3f-8a4a33b4ca07.jpg
f66ef967-0604-491c-94bf-ca31232808b4.jpg
d16f5596-825b-4a7c-837b-ad4f3995f663.jpg
Did you get any other hitchhikers on your rock?
Yes! I'll try to take some more pictures, but I do have a couple threads about the rock as well as some threads asking for ID.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new