OP
ElussssvReefSD

ElussssvReefSD

Be Nice to Coral-Nippers!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder, what is the kind of budget for such a Moster tank? I have ptsd from how much I spent on my IM25 lagoon.

This is going to be a showstopper once finished.

Let's just say I bought a tank instead of a car and leave it at that, I don't want to trigger your PTSD :p. Basically I followed the, "this is what I think it'll cost then double it way of thinking" which has helped to soften the blow financially.

SirCrush32

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's just say I bought a tank instead of a car and leave it at that, I don't want to trigger your PTSD :p. Basically I followed the, "this is what I think it'll cost then double it way of thinking" which has helped to soften the blow financially.
I am new to this hobby, but I've been in my car hobby for over 3 decades now and this hobby can't cost no where near my car hobby. Not saying its possible, but for me I know what I've spent on a single car and I've been getting fussed at for it since :oops:.

I have to admit I do like your logic.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Excited to follow along! I like your ideas on the cabinetry as well. I'm a fan of floating canopies.

OP
OP
ElussssvReefSD

ElussssvReefSD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to this hobby, but I've been in my car hobby for over 3 decades now and this hobby can't cost no where near my car hobby. Not saying its possible, but for me I know what I've spent on a single car and I've been getting fussed at for it since :oops:.

I have to admit I do like your logic.

Well, yeah I'm not gonna argue with 30+ years of automotive tinkering, def not going to approach that haha.

Luckily, I only had to answer the question "how much is this going to cost" once. This was followed by possibly the largest eye-roll I have ever seen, and then about a half-day of the silent treatment. But now all is at peace within the household, and I'm moving forward, maybe not with support per se, but at least silent acceptance LoL.

OP
OP
ElussssvReefSD

ElussssvReefSD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excited to follow along! I like your ideas on the cabinetry as well. I'm a fan of floating canopies.

Hey thanks!

This is the final design for the cabinetry and canopy:

jeremy cabinet option 2 with lip.jpg

Cleaned up the lines a bit to give it a slightly more modern look.

SirCrush32

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, yeah I'm not gonna argue with 30+ years of automotive tinkering, def not going to approach that haha.

Luckily, I only had to answer the question "how much is this going to cost" once. This was followed by possibly the largest eye-roll I have ever seen, and then about a half-day of the silent treatment. But now all is at peace within the household, and I'm moving forward, maybe not with support per se, but at least silent acceptance LoL.
You forgot sleeping on the couch......

I remember building a drift car, daughter born so I didn't drive it. That winter tore down and rebuilt it again. I think I stayed in on the couch that entire summer.

I will be following this build because this is something I want to do in my office.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SHE HAS ARRIVED!!!!!! o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

In the garage pending some site prep work that still needs to be done....but Tiny is finally here on site, in the flesh, and looking THICC :p

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg
IMG_0401.jpg
It made the car look so small! Exciting!!

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love
Getting new equipment is almost the most exciting part of this whole process! I couldn't wait to even get these bad boys home (too bad they won't be wet for another year LoL) to snap a pic! #retailtherapy #keepingthedreamalive

IMG-1879.jpg

IMG-1880.jpg
love these have 2 on my 300. They push the water from side to side of my 8 feet long tank...

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thanks!

This is the final design for the cabinetry and canopy:

jeremy cabinet option 2 with lip.jpg

Cleaned up the lines a bit to give it a slightly more modern look.
Like the modern lines and design. Are you able to raise the floating canopy if needed? With a tank that size, 18” is a tight fit for maintenance, esp at the bottom of the tank.

OP
OP
ElussssvReefSD

ElussssvReefSD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the modern lines and design. Are you able to raise the floating canopy if needed? With a tank that size, 18” is a tight fit for maintenance, esp at the bottom of the tank.

Now that I have the actual tank, I agree that 18" may not be enough so will probably put more distance between canopy and tank. It's always different when you're measuring versus when you have the actual tank in the flesh. Really puts things in perspective and scale.

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe check with your designer to see if you can tastefully put the canopy on linear actuators to raise and lower as needed. If you stuck with the canopy it would be easy as it would be hidden. I put my 80/20 lighting frame on a tubular shade motor and can raise and lower it from my phone. Very handy for maintenance. Especially when using scrapers and such that have long handles.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back