Tiny Tim the Black Photon

AquasKy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2022
Messages
38
Reaction score
29
Location
houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tiny Tim lived in a 65 gallon FOWLR owned by my mother where he was relentlessly bullied by some of the other fish in there. He got to a point where he was losing color, hiding 99% of the time and stopped eating.

Going on two weeks ago, now, I moved him to a 10 gallon of his very own, hoping he would recover and that it was just the bullying that made him look so sick and not something else.

His move was a big success! His orange is back and he eats really well.

Originally, we intended to move him back after giving him some time to grow, however, we think he might be happier in the long run in the 10 gallon for now, future upgrades and hopefully a second black photon and a anemone in the much nearer future.
I’ll keep posting pictures and video clips on here as I make changes to his home or if he is just looking extra adorable that day lol.

I hope you all enjoy Tiny Tim! He’s looking extra fancy today with his freshly cleaned tank!

639697B6-B6F8-4A36-84A8-05116983A63B.jpeg
 
So Tim is ecstatic now that he can once again see out? :grinning-squinting-face:
I would say lol he also seemed to really enjoy his live brine snack today
Happy Tim, happy life!
 
Been very busy and have had a lot going on but here is a little clip of Tiny Tim.
Still haven’t found him another clownfish friend, however, I have selected a tank mate for the very near future. Can’t wait to fetch the new friend and introduce them to y’all.
The new friend will be a mystery until I get them. ☺️

 
quick update to let everyone know Tiny Tim finally has a tank mate. Unfortunately, it’s not another black photon like himself, but it is a friend he seems to be getting along with very well.
For now, I call him Randall.
He seems pretty chill so far, sifting the sand and hanging out in three main spots every time I peek in there at him. Tiny Tim seems to like him, too, or at the very least doesn’t mind sharing his space with Randall occasionally.
Who knows what Randall is?

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new