Tiny worms/crustaceans in fallow tank

Nyx101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, I’m 40 days into a fallow period for ich in my tank and am now seeing tiny life crawling everywhere and corals struggling. I dip them every other day now to keep them growing but they’re covered in what looks like very small shrimp and worms. What invert can I use to eradicate them? I will be adding back a diamond goby and will buy a yellow coris wrasse to settle this in the future but the wait is taking a toll on my corals. Any suggestion? Please and thank you.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like your pods are thriving due to the removal of the fish that eat them. Pods are good. I used to think they were bothering coral but they were just eating the crap around them on the plugs. Id make sure you have enough nutrients for the coral with your fallow tank as well. Could be a reason for them not doing well.

OP
OP
Nyx101

Nyx101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I ghost feed every other day but I threw a few tuxedo urchins in there from a trusted source. I also resumed carbon dosing & Im seeing improvement :) i don’t have a lot of algae but corals needed a cleanup. Now I’ll restrain from buying a mandarin once the fallow period is over...

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back