tip(of the branch, not ball tip thing) of my pink tipped frogspawn turning green

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
stewy14 Welcome to the Fish Disease Treatment and Diagnosis Forum!

The #fishmedic team and other knowledgeable members of our community will do our best to help you resolve your questions. Please provide as much of the following as you are able:
  • Brief description of the issue you are observing and answers to the following questions:
    • How long have you had the fish with the condition?
    • Did you quarantine with medication when you first acquired the fish? (If Yes, which medication?)
  • Current water quality measurements
  • Clear photos of the issue taken using WHITE light and/or a short video of any behaviors (post in your response or on YouTube).
If you can help us by providing as much of the above info as possible, it will make diagnosing and providing recommendations for treatment MUCH easier! The Fish Medic team will get back to you as quickly as possible. In the meantime, other members of our community may also share their experience with similar situations and advice that they may have regarding your situation.

You may also feel free to provide a more detailed description of the condition if you wish to share more info than the above list.

Additionally, these links may be useful while you await a response:

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This would be in the "general LPS Discussion" subcategory :)

Anyway can you attach a clear photo of said coral in white lighting?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
is this bad? its brown branches, pink tipped, with light, neon green starting to form, its blending into it
sorry no photo :(
Photo will be a must to determine if normal. I have a couple of hammers and frogspawn that have a few pink and may be based on lighting and diet.

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

The geen gone XD

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your parameters? Specifically nitrates? My green & black platygyra browned out due to low/zero nitrates

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And it is slowly dropping its tentacle arm whatever u call them, it’s only dropped 3 very small pieces
And another thing
It’s very sunny rn in nj, and my tank I inbetween a window, so…
Is that what’s maybe causing this?

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s an orange spot on the top of the froggy. It’s closed but open around the mouth. Doesn’t look good
Think it’s bjd, BUT, took some metal tweezers and took it off, it was very very new so I was able to take everything off, all good now I think.

TehBrainz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And it is slowly dropping its tentacle arm whatever u call them, it’s only dropped 3 very small pieces
And another thing
It’s very sunny rn in nj, and my tank I inbetween a window, so…
Is that what’s maybe causing this?
Direct sunlight may cause excess algae growing in certain spots, but that's all. Natural sunlight is what corals normally get so it shouldn't be of any concern. I open my blinds every so often so I can get about 45 mins of direct light on the side of my tank where my overhead lights don't reach.

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Direct sunlight may cause excess algae growing in certain spots, but that's all. Natural sunlight is what corals normally get so it shouldn't be of any concern. I open my blinds every so often so I can get about 45 mins of direct light on the side of my tank where my overhead lights don't reach.
I open my blinds from 7-930
or else my mom will yell at me to open my blinds

tjstone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fellow reefers,

I noticed that the tip of my pink-tipped frogspawn has started turning green, and I'm a bit concerned. I've tried researching online, but I'm getting mixed information. Has anyone experienced this before? Could it be a sign of something wrong with my tank parameters or is it just a natural variation?

Some background: My tank is a well-established mixed reef, and all other coral seem to be doing fine. Water parameters are within the acceptable range, and I haven't introduced any new livestock recently.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.4%
Back