Tips and tricks for cleaning the glass?

Lylelovett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have a magnetic scrubber and a razor-scraper that employ with good old regular muscle/elbow-grease when cleaning the inside of the glass. It's not HARD work, just time consuming and pretty detail focused to get it all nice and clean.

1667328802870.png
1667328838773.png

I was wondering if you have a tips or tricks to make the job a little easier? Have you found one particular scrubber or scraper better than another?

Thanks!

HermitCrab15

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have a magnetic scrubber and a razor-scraper that employ with good old regular muscle/elbow-grease when cleaning the inside of the glass. It's not HARD work, just time consuming and pretty detail focused to get it all nice and clean.

1667328802870.png
1667328838773.png

I was wondering if you have a tips or tricks to make the job a little easier? Have you found one particular scrubber or scraper better than another?

Thanks!
Not much different than the one you have now but this is what I use. Mag-Float glass cleaner works great for me it's the only one I've ever used. Occasionally I'll have to take the inside part and rinse the algae off. I know its very similar to what you have now but maybe this product is better than what you have now. Ill leave a link below.

Link here

RedoubtReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found that just staying on top of it using a magic eraser with my Hammer Head magnet cleaner daily seems to keep things clean before breaking out the scraper

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The same method for me, I generally use magnet cleaner every couple of days, algae scraper I use fortnightly before cleaning filters etc.
Only tip/trick I can offer is wash off algae scraper/blade and rods (blade/ screw/joints) under tap water after every use in your aquarium as this will clog with salt and may also rust :)

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have that same Razor Scraper and I got Refills for my Kent Scraper that have a Red Plastic Blade with a Green Cloth Edge. These are for the back glass, when I don’t want to damage the Coraline Algae, but remove the Soft Algae Film. For the Outside Glass, I coated it with RainX. Which ever Scraper you use, if you hit the gravel, make sure you lift it off the glass, so you don’t Sand Scratch the Glass.

OP
OP
Lylelovett

Lylelovett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found that just staying on top of it using a magic eraser with my Hammer Head magnet cleaner daily seems to keep things clean before breaking out the scraper
This is part of my problem - I don't stay on top of it as well as I should. :) That's probably the best tip, LOL!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back