Tips and tricks for growing fathead dendros?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JoJosReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JoJosReef

There's some lovely filth down here!
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2021
Messages
20,727
Reaction score
80,861
Location
Orange County, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PXL_20241016_160352153_exported_stabilized_1729094684494.gif

This guy is almost 2 years in my tank. Still one head and still about the same size. I have 4x dosed Reef Nutrition blend (phyto/oyster/pacpod/roti) + Avast Plank Reef Jerky/TDO pellets, and when in office I manually broadcast ROE a couple times a day and target feed the dendro a couple times a week with TDO pellets + beta brine.

Any thoughts on getting this guy to, I dunno, grow a second head maybe? Thanks!
 
PXL_20241016_160352153_exported_stabilized_1729094684494.gif

This guy is almost 2 years in my tank. Still one head and still about the same size. I have 4x dosed Reef Nutrition blend (phyto/oyster/pacpod/roti) + Avast Plank Reef Jerky/TDO pellets, and when in office I manually broadcast ROE a couple times a day and target feed the dendro a couple times a week with TDO pellets + beta brine.

Any thoughts on getting this guy to, I dunno, grow a second head maybe? Thanks!
Patience Calm Down GIF by Brat TV
 
I would try meatier foods for target feeding and maybe every other day.

It’s been awhile since I kept dendros or sun corals but man could they eat!
 
Last edited:
I'm in the same boat. I fed mine almost everyday when I feed my fish.... Nada. Super weird.

Everything else in the tank grows no problem.
 
I would try meatier foods for target feeding and maybe every other day.

It’s been awhile since I kept dendros or sun corals but man could they eat!
Mysis? I do have some frozen, but I would imagine that's similar to beta brine, no? I don't think a piece of krill would fit. Perhaps I can chop a piece of cocktail shrimp or scallop...
 
Mysis? I do have some frozen, but I would imagine that's similar to beta brine, no? I don't think a piece of krill would fit. Perhaps I can chop a piece of cocktail shrimp or scallop...
Chop up pieces to make small enough?

Bring tank home and install at house in at home office.
 
Chop up pieces to make small enough?

Bring tank home and install at house in at home office.
Bah! I can't do that. My nano at home was enough of a problem. Always tinkering with it and getting everyone upset. Office is much better--only so much time I can spend on it, which oddly enough seems to work out better.
 
Bah! I can't do that. My nano at home was enough of a problem. Always tinkering with it and getting everyone upset. Office is much better--only so much time I can spend on it, which oddly enough seems to work out better.
I believe that! I keep wondering if I can sneak a tank into my office at work…..
 
Just target feed mysis daily
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new