Tips for catching fish?

Krzydmnd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a rogue falco hawkfish that I added last week to DT and he's harassing everything now.

I have left two nets in the tank to acclimate him to them, tried catching him at feeding time, etc. But no luck.

What tips or tricks have worked for you in catching fish that just don't wanna be caught?

azreeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to my LFS and rented a trap with sliding door attached to fishing line. I had a chevron tang, $&@& Maroon clown and Moorish Idol that I needed to take out of my 250. Worked like a charm with some Nori inside the trap. Save yourself the headache and get a trap. I tried for months with nets and I was about to quit. I have 200#s of LR so I was about to throw in the flag before i got this trap. The tang and Moorish went in with Nori in under 30 Min. The clown would not go near it until I put the rock with his favorite anemone and First day he went in there! Needless to say I’m not returning the trap they can keep my $40 deposit best money spent and I’m keeping the trap.

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always put a net in the middle of the tank to try and keep the fish to one side and then put a clear specimen container in the water. I then use a green acrylic stick to coax the fish over to the container then scoop them up. Patience is key.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back