Tips for going sumpless & skimmerless?

rstrann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a hoodless 29 gallon biocube with a Chinese black box hanging over it and a micro ato, deep sand bed (which I never vacuum). Inhabitants are a Valentini puffer, firefish, and a cave goby and a big clean up crew and it's stuffed with mostly softies and lps, but have a few sps scattered throughout. I only do a two gallon water change once a month with zero problems. Well, other than my valentini eating monti caps like potato chips ;Bored. It's the easiest reef I've got. So yeah, go for it! But I'd give a used biocube from CL a look, the glass is very clear and you can get them CHEAP! :)

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran a custom low all in one about 45 G, as above, lots of rock and lots of flow. Macro algae of some sort, I had cheato in the centre rear section and floss by the weir.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
14 gallon AIO no skimmer. SPS dominant. I have a media basket with filter floss and Red Sea carbon. Will probably add phosban once I get some fish in there. I do water changes twice a week, and usually a gallon or two. I think I could drop it to once a week and be fine. I was doing twice a week to try and stabilize parameters before I got my dosing pump online.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 124 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%

Back