Tips for my first real aquascape

snobby

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 15, 2024
Messages
17
Reaction score
4
Location
Oxford
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Making an aquascape for my new d-d aqua reef pro 1200 with the d-d reef rock, I have a Red Sea nano max with an aquascape I’m not happy with so I want to get this one right! (or as best I can)
Any tips or suggestions for what I’ve got so far would be appreciated.
ps. the cardboard at the back is the height of the tank.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
 
Last edited:
Looks good. My only tip would be to open the caves a little larger and as many as you can. Each of these areas represents a place for fish to hide/sleep. Every fish you add will need one of these to themselves.
 
Two things. First, you need real places for the fish to totally get away out of sight and hide if you want them to be as relaxed and stress-free as possible. Caves and arches that humans like are not good hiding spots. Second, none of this really matters. Once you get everything covered in coral and growing, you won't be able to see the rocks that much anyway.
 
I think it looks good. Lots of holes and little caves. I guess it depends on what kind of fish you'll get as to how many actual "hides" you have with that set up. Think about the adult size of your fish. Will they fit in the hides provided?
 
I would add some more rock so the height isn't consistent all the way across and it doesn't look so man made. Off to a good start!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 46 33.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new