Tips for testing spectrum of black boxes?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JCOLE
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2018
Messages
4,218
Reaction score
10,592
Location
Charlotte, NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
**EDIT** - Can a moderator move this to the lighting forum? I posted in the SPS forum by mistake. @Crabs McJones

I have (4) Mars Aqua black boxes above my 150 and my SPS are growing well. Just curious if anyone has a way for testing spectrum without breaking the bank?

I have all of them connected to a VDM and can adjust blues and whites through fusion.
 
**EDIT** - Can a moderator move this to the lighting forum? I posted in the SPS forum by mistake. @Crabs McJones

I have (4) Mars Aqua black boxes above my 150 and my SPS are growing well. Just curious if anyone has a way for testing spectrum without breaking the bank?

I have all of them connected to a VDM and can adjust blues and whites through fusion.
Seneye gives you a graphical display of the spectrum that’s pretty interesting and useful.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new