Tips on healthy and colorful anemone

david_ma

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 83.3%
5   1   0
From your experience, what are some general methods that you recommend to keep your anemones colorful and healthy? What type of lighting do you recommend( t5 vs halide vs leds)? Do you dose anything?

I run leds only, do water changes (40%) once a week, feed twice weekly, and sometimes dose iodine. I’ve however heard metal halides are far better for color.
IMG_9519.JPG

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All lighting can grow healthy nems , it’s moslty personal preference but I would go with LED lighting

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The key to a successful Nem tank is exactly the same as the key to a successful XX tank. There are a number of proven ways to do it. All lighting solutions work, multiple parameters work. The only thing I see repeatedly struggling are super low Nutrient tanks, but there are even some of those that are successful. Every nem and tank is different. I wish I had a better answer, but it's what I've seen over my years here.

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stable params, good lighting(of whichever type you choose as long as quality lights)
Lighting temp/color will obviously be a factor in what color is brought out.
Good clowns being hosted seem to help, the combo of fish poop and grooming, cool clowns will bring it food.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 4.8%
Back