Tips on online selling and shipping?

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So unloading these corals locally has been slow, thinking about posting them here (or eBay I guess but IDK).

The idea of selling “frag packs” seems appealing but IDK

Not like trying to have a business here, just trying to make some room and some money at the same time.

As far as I know there are no local frag swaps or clubs FYI

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you’re in Colorado! Unfortunately I’m 4 hours from GJ so ideally over night shipping would be the best but I would buy some from you! This way since it’s a short trip via overnight you could see how packaging works before trying long distance if you were interested?

OP
OP
MoshJosh

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I see you’re in Colorado! Unfortunately I’m 4 hours from GJ so ideally over night shipping would be the best but I would buy some from you! This way since it’s a short trip via overnight you could see how packaging works before trying long distance if you were interested?
That is definitely an idea. . . part of the problem is I have no experience shipping haha I mean I have gotten plenty of coral shipments but never sent one myself. Most the shipments I have received come in those little foam coolers, is there somewhere specific I should be sourcing those?

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
That is definitely an idea. . . part of the problem is I have no experience shipping haha I mean I have gotten plenty of coral shipments but never sent one myself. Most the shipments I have received come in those little foam coolers, is there somewhere specific I should be sourcing those?
I don't have a link specifically for the smaller styrofoam coolers with shipping boxes ( uline?).
But I have received many shipments with diy foam coolers Get a sheet of 1/2" styrofoam and cut the pieces to fit inside a small box. I'm sure there are multiple places on amazon for small boxes ( again uline?)
Need heat packs in the winter and ice packs for summer shipping.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Oh and make a detailed list of what you expect the buyer to do and what you will do in case of shipping delays.
Be very clear up front, before money is exchanged.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most important thing with shipping is confidence that you can do it. Dumber people than you have done this.

The rest you can read about... where to get supplies and stuff.

Get a discounted account for shipping labels. Always drop off at the FedEx or UPS local hub - they can forget to grab your package at Office Max or the grocery store. I try and show up about an hour before the deadline, which is 18:00 near me.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back