Tips on Purple tim Condy Anemone

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello, I just got a Purple tip Condy Anemone and it seems perfectly healthy and had placed it into the sand with a whole for the foot to attach. It seems to be that the Anemone likes to move. Any tips on how to get it to stick. I have a RBTA and havent had it move much.

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Condylactis anemones move and wander a lot more than E. Quadricolor. They also pack a powerful pinch so be careful in a fully stocked tank.

OP
OP
Dilan Patel

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My tank is semi stocked with corals I loved I put him in the sand hoping he will attach his foot to the acrylic

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is semi stocked with corals I loved I put him in the sand hoping he will attach his foot to the acrylic

Mine refuses to attack to the glass and likes the rocks a lot better. How deep is your sandbed?

OP
OP
Dilan Patel

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
2 inches deep so I just dug the sand away. I might try rubble later if it does not attach to the glass

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 inches deep so I just dug the sand away. I might try rubble later if it does not attach to the glass

I would give it time. It will find a spot it likes and stay put for a few months before it decides to move again. Can I ask why you got a Condylactis? I know the purple is pretty but in a already stocked tank it was a little out of the ordinary.

OP
OP
Dilan Patel

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had one in my other reef and I have enjoyed it and wanted one in the other display tank because I was missing that one thing and that was it...Will a coral die instantly from its sting or do I have a day to react? I moved him to a cornor where the rock meets the sand hopefully to secure him better.

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one in my other reef and I have enjoyed it and wanted one in the other display tank because I was missing that one thing and that was it...Will a coral die instantly from its sting or do I have a day to react? I moved him to a cornor where the rock meets the sand hopefully to secure him better.

Since you have another anemone and have kept nems I would assume you know to turn off the flow for 30-60min to let him settle in correct? As for the sting, maybe @jesker or @AcroNem can help you out. I just know they pack a big punch.

OP
OP
Dilan Patel

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes I did shut off the pumps and have put pantyhose over them in preparation for when they turn on.

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any pics of this guy. He sounds cool[emoji6]
452efaa40e0c45fa903dfb3571c2494d.jpg

Mine is on his 3rd spot today. He never stays still[emoji23]

OP
OP
Dilan Patel

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I do not have that one I have a white tentacle with magenta tips. Yours looks amazing. Mine is moving towards the top of the very tank like at the waters edge.

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure it is a Condylactis anemone and not a sebae anemone? By the color pattern described it sounds like a partially bleach sebae. Does it look like the picture?
07e2f6be347f171702e1d9dd9c723307.jpg

Jodie Sokel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine won't stay still but does stay in the same general area This morning his foot looks full of air, like a giant bubble. I haven't seen that before

Jodie Sokel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine won't stay still but does stay in the same general area This morning his foot looks full of air, like a giant bubble. I haven't seen that before

SingingSiren

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a purple one with green tips. I love her,lol. She doesn't move spots very often,if she does it's maybe a few inches. She likes the bottom of the tank and attaches to where the sand meets the glass or back of tank. Onetime she had gotten too close to my leather coral and was stinging it when she extended. When I realized it, I moved the toadstool and it recovered just fine. She's only eaten one of my fish a scooter blenny. And I always hand feed her.

bigredreefer91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a purple one with green tips. I love her,lol. She doesn't move spots very often,if she does it's maybe a few inches. She likes the bottom of the tank and attaches to where the sand meets the glass or back of tank. Onetime she had gotten too close to my leather coral and was stinging it when she extended. When I realized it, I moved the toadstool and it recovered just fine. She's only eaten one of my fish a scooter blenny. And I always hand feed her.
Do you have a picture of yours

Paleozoic_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has grown quite a bit and has stayed in the same spot (give or take) since I got it. Like the previous posts said keep it away from other corals! It has a nasty sting unlike BTAs. The only fish I've found in it's grasp and dead was a large healthy tricolor wrasse...but that is still under investigation...;Bookworm
424ACB3B-BCA3-4482-96F5-C135C0A1028A.jpeg

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 58 29.6%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 42 21.4%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 23 11.7%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 66 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back