Tips on starting up a jellyfish tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Akwarius
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2009
Messages
3,056
Reaction score
36
Location
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife wants a jellyfish aquarium in the spare bedroom. They look amazing, but I dont want to take on another high-maintenance endeavor.
 
The only tip I have is to suggest getting a dog or cat to her... I think it'll be more work than it's worth.
 
Thanks for the links. Holy smokes! Constant plankton feeding, cold water...I think I'll be getting my wife a betta bowl.
 
The only tip I have is to suggest getting a dog or cat to her... I think it'll be more work than it's worth.

1+ Jellyfish tanks are out of control hard to maintain....think a reef times 10.....but at least you dont need a real light on it.
 
1+ Jellyfish tanks are out of control hard to maintain....think a reef times 10.....but at least you dont need a real light on it.

Yeah I think the novelty factor would wear off really quick considering the number of water changes I'd be doing to keep the nutrients down!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new