Tips to get anomene to host clownfish

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ocellaris clownfish naturally host Magnificent and Gigantea anemones, both of which are very hard for beginners to keep. Many clownfish don't usually have the option to those anemones so some just don't go for bubble tip anemones right away. I'm not saying they won't host BTAs mine host a bubble tip but for Ocellaris clowns it can take a while to coax them into a BTA if they are not interested at first. But some just have an urge to jump right into the anemone. So your Ocellaris may or may not go into your BTA. It really just depends on the fish but can also be the anemone you're offering it.

cubereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried a few ways tried with taping a pic near the anemone didnt work for me. i put a pair in my big cube to see if they would host it took almost 7 months before they touched it. would swim all around it, behind it, etc but now they host it. then i've also got small strainer baskets and put anemones in them and then put small clowns in the baskets to get them to host. both of these worked for me.

Back