Ive added two tanks and lots of pics to Reef 365 with NO acknowledgement, badge, etc.Couple of quick comment to keep in mind. Don't forget your build thread is also for you. It's a great way to track your own progress as well as sharing with others. After a few years, you'll get a kick out of going back to page one and seeing where you are today vs. where you started.
It was stated earlier, but people may certainly be watching or dropping in on your thread, and you don't realize it. Dont be discouraged and just keeping updating.
Lastly, don't be afraid to reference your own build thread as you're reviewing and commenting on other threads. You may have experience with "X" that you have discussed in your own build thread. You can share simply by saying something like...For more details, take a look at my build thread. You might be surprised to see others going to take a look.
Hey @vetteguy53081 thanks for that. I think the confusion may be because you're posting in the RT365 thread instead of your own build thread. I'll send you a PM to help clarify
This is very helpful! I’ve just completed my first entry. How do I update? Do I enter it in the ‘reply’ box? Many thanks!So you want to start a build thread but want to know how to keep it interesting and get people involved? Here are some tips to use to do so!
* Make your updates as detailed as possible! Describe what you're doing and possible future plans.
* Take lots of pictures! This cannot be stressed enough, the better quality pictures the better. Give descriptions of what each picture is or what you are trying to show.
* Don't like taking pics? How about videos? If you have a go pro posting a in tank video would be a fantastic way to get visits and comments!
* Do product reviews! Got a new piece of equipment for your tank? Write up a nice review with pics and even video, everyone loves a detailed review.
* Check out and post on other's build threads! That's a good way to get others to notice you and will go to yours as well.
* If you become a supporting member of Reef2Reef you can link your build thread in your signature! So where ever you post in the forum your build thread will be visible to others instantly!
Click here for more info on becoming a supporting member:
* When posting on other build threads not only just "like" comments but leave personalized messages. Everyone enjoys reading comments while receiving likes.
* Reply to all comments in your build thread! Even if it's a simple post like, "great build following along!" Like, quote it and give a simple thank you, this goes a long way in getting people to frequent your thread.
* Try to keep updates frequent! Even if you have nothing going on, update on test results or a weekly water change! And don't forget to snap a picture of the tank post water change!
* Ask questions and for feedback on what you are doing, keep conversations civil and personable!
* Don't get upset if nobody comments! There are a lot of threads on the site and believe it or not people are watching your thread! Just keep the updates coming and the rest will fall into place!
And most importantly, have fun with the thread! After all it is your build thread. Your build should be fun for you to do and keeping the thread up should be as well. Not only are you sharing your build for others to see, but it's also a great journal to make and look back on in the future to refer to or just look thru what you have done!
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/youre-in-trouble-and-in-danger.317089/Me again - how do we get a ‘build thread contributor’ attached to our name? I think because I never really won awards, etc. as a kid, I like collecting these this type of thing now (probably why I take dance exams as an adult!)
When you have your thread ready, at the page to submit copy the sesarch link (example: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/tips-to-make-your-build-thread-get-noticed.247496/page-3#post-6224584) and then past it to your signature. It will always be there.how do i link my build thread to mi signature i tried the copy & paste but that didn't work thanks!!
A link in a signature is a perk of being a supporting member, among other things.how do i link my build thread to mi signature i tried the copy & paste but that didn't work thanks!!