Tips to make your build thread get noticed!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bumping this up for you guys who may not have seen it...

karleeaddison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you want to start a build thread but want to know how to keep it interesting and get people involved? Here are some tips to use to do so!

* Make your updates as detailed as possible! Describe what you're doing and possible future plans.

* Take lots of pictures! This cannot be stressed enough, the better quality pictures the better. Give descriptions of what each picture is or what you are trying to show.

* Don't like taking pics? How about videos? If you have a go pro posting a in tank video would be a fantastic way to get visits and comments!

* Do product reviews! Got a new piece of equipment for your tank? Write up a nice review with pics and even video, everyone loves a detailed review.

* Check out and post on other's build threads! That's a good way to get others to notice you and will go to yours as well.

* If you become a supporting member of Reef2Reef you can link your build thread in your signature! So where ever you post in the forum your build thread will be visible to others instantly!

Click here for more info on becoming a supporting member:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/all-new-supporting-member-perks-support-r2r.68905/

* When posting on other build threads not only just "like" comments but leave personalized messages. Everyone enjoys reading comments while receiving likes.

* Reply to all comments in your build thread! Even if it's a simple post like, "great build following along!" Like, quote it and give a simple thank you, this goes a long way in getting people to frequent your thread.

* Try to keep updates frequent! Even if you have nothing going on, update on test results or a weekly water change! And don't forget to snap a picture of the tank post water change!

* Ask questions and for feedback on what you are doing, keep conversations civil and personable!

* Don't get upset if nobody comments! There are a lot of threads on the site and believe it or not people are watching your thread! Just keep the updates coming and the rest will fall into place!

And most importantly, have fun with the thread! After all it is your build thread. Your build should be fun for you to do and keeping the thread up should be as well. Not only are you sharing your build for others to see, but it's also a great journal to make and look back on in the future to refer to or just look thru what you have done!

Happy reefing
Team R2R
I officially need a GoPro just to film inside my tank! That’s awesome!

McCarrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tips! I'll need to post more pictures on my build thread. Hopefully more people look at it soon with more frequent posting!

Aleks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tips. But they don't work ..... I post the process of creating a new tank, and I do it so often and in so much detail with description and photos ....... but there is not a single question or advice. There are no responses. What's wrong?

RobW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you want to start a build thread but want to know how to keep it interesting and get people involved? Here are some tips to use to do so!

* Make your updates as detailed as possible! Describe what you're doing and possible future plans.

* Take lots of pictures! This cannot be stressed enough, the better quality pictures the better. Give descriptions of what each picture is or what you are trying to show.

* Don't like taking pics? How about videos? If you have a go pro posting a in tank video would be a fantastic way to get visits and comments!

* Do product reviews! Got a new piece of equipment for your tank? Write up a nice review with pics and even video, everyone loves a detailed review.

* Check out and post on other's build threads! That's a good way to get others to notice you and will go to yours as well.

* If you become a supporting member of Reef2Reef you can link your build thread in your signature! So where ever you post in the forum your build thread will be visible to others instantly!

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/all-new-supporting-member-perks-support-r2r.68905/

* When posting on other build threads not only just "like" comments but leave personalized messages. Everyone enjoys reading comments while receiving likes.

* Reply to all comments in your build thread! Even if it's a simple post like, "great build following along!" Like, quote it and give a simple thank you, this goes a long way in getting people to frequent your thread.

* Try to keep updates frequent! Even if you have nothing going on, update on test results or a weekly water change! And don't forget to snap a picture of the tank post water change!

* Ask questions and for feedback on what you are doing, keep conversations civil and personable!

* Don't get upset if nobody comments! There are a lot of threads on the site and believe it or not people are watching your thread! Just keep the updates coming and the rest will fall into place!

And most importantly, have fun with the thread! After all it is your build thread. Your build should be fun for you to do and keeping the thread up should be as well. Not only are you sharing your build for others to see, but it's also a great journal to make and look back on in the future to refer to or just look thru what you have done!

Happy reefing
Team R2R
Those are some great tips!

Blackbeard Aquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Happy reefing
Team R2R
Thanks for the tips. Just really getting started on here... big things in the future once I have enough space to set up my 150

Attachments

• 20201231_164429.mp4
    63.7 MB

Blackbeard Aquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woot! Rocks are in now just to install the sicce, sand, water and some fritz and we're off the to incredibly slow and frustrating races lol

Ignore the ugly blues... I don't have my filter on me

Attachments

• 20210104_130728.jpg
    20210104_130728.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 107
  • 20210104_130744.jpg
    20210104_130744.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 105

Lady of Babylon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Happy reefing
Team R2R
Thank you! Noob question. Are updates to your own tank build put in as an edit to the original post? Or as a thread reply in the post?

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Noob question. Are updates to your own tank build put in as an edit to the original post? Or as a thread reply in the post?
I always found it best to do updates via post, then if you want to update your original post with equipment changes, livestock additions, so on then I would do that.

golgobot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tips! I have a question though: How do you get the blue "Build Thread" tag next to your thread title? Like this one. For the life of me I can't figure this out :)

1613832055211.png

Colleen McLain

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was realy helpful. I have been working on rebuilding after my ICK disaster. I've watched miles of videos on youtube, and you are right - people telling you what to do and not showing how to do makes a huge difference. I'd like to do a youtube channel with the details and demo's. Thank you again - I will be following through on the build thread.

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

TheSharksDen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Happy reefing
Team R2R
Thanks for sharing!

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Happy reefing
Team R2R
Great tips ..

I should probably post some updates on mine …. Even though nothing has changed in forever .

dcsorrell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping this up for you guys who may not have seen it...
Got a build thread? If so, get a cool "Build Thread Contributor" badge HERE!
Don't have a build thread yet? Start one today at this LINK.

Hi! How do I get my Build Thread URL using the app? I'm posting from my tablet, and now that I have the app, it's the only way I can open R2R.

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My tank thread no longer shows up in my profile. I got the "Midwest Reefer" tag added and it seems to have replaced my tank thread link.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back