Tips to thriving macro?

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chaeto gro is a great supplement. I can visually Tell when I haven't dosed in too long. A capfull every few days did wonders in my fuge and mangroves.

Soilworker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say get a proper light. My AI Fuge light is amazing. My fuge is working almost too well. I'm running them at 40% and I'm still fighting with my nitrates being too low. With an adjustable light your macro algaes become like an adjustable filter.

I have chaeto, sea lettuce, and red spike sphere gracilaria. Not sure if it matters but I'd like to think having variety in your refugium helps pull out different stuff at different rates.

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Chaeto Grow by Brightwell is great! I dose it 1-2 times a week and, at least to my eyes, it works!

also, in my experience, macro algaes do not like changes in light, and some grow better under “reef lighting” (i.e. they grew better in my display than in my fuge) . It seems to me that it whenever I change the light source, or move algae to a new tank, it takes a while to adjust or dies back a bit.

this is just my anecdotal experience, but hope it helps.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has me thinking …

the purpose of adding cheato is to consume and export nutrients .
if there are plenty of nutrients is there a need to dose anything ?

I have noticed my cheato is dark green for the most part , but either it’s soft shell feather duster worms there is also brown mushy stringy substance in with the cheato .

OP
OP
Heres_doe_

Heres_doe_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has me thinking …

the purpose of adding cheato is to consume and export nutrients .
if there are plenty of nutrients is there a need to dose anything ?

I have noticed my cheato is dark green for the most part , but either it’s soft shell feather duster worms there is also brown mushy stringy substance in with the cheato .
Macronutrients and micronutrients are different

Back