Tissue not growing on shaded side of sps

WVReefJunkie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have noticed on the shaded side of my sps, it seeems to be dule color where the tissue isnt growing. It looks like a lighting issue, anyone have any ideas. I will snap some photos and post soon, thanks

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have noticed on the shaded side of my sps, it seeems to be dule color where the tissue isnt growing. It looks like a lighting issue, anyone have any ideas. I will snap some photos and post soon, thanks
Which would make sense and known as "Shading" in which the dark area is not providing needed light for production of zooxanthellae which is their inner algae which provides color and growth.

OP
OP
WVReefJunkie

WVReefJunkie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Which would make sense and known as "Shading" in which the dark area is not providing needed light for production of zooxanthellae which is their inner algae which provides color and growth.
Would you recommend supplement lighting to help with this? I currently have three G5 Blue and three G2s on a six foot by three foot tank.

OP
OP
WVReefJunkie

WVReefJunkie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Which would make sense and known as "Shading" in which the dark area is not providing needed light for production of zooxanthellae which is their inner algae which provides

20221206_182531.jpg
20221206_182509.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back