Titanium heater for Fluval evo 13.5

spamvicious

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2022
Messages
634
Reaction score
226
Location
Yorkshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been using a Fluval m50 with the ink bird controller and wondering why it wasn’t working. A friend pointed out I need a titanium heater instead, but I’m struggling to find one around 50/100w.

Anyone know which titanium heaters are suitable for the Fluval evo?
 
I don't know about a titanium, but I would suggest something other than fluval, personally I like eheim heaters.
 
I don't know about a titanium, but I would suggest something other than fluval, personally I like eheim heaters.
I just need it to be controllable by the inkbird controller. I was told only titanium ones can be controlled?
 
I just need it to be controllable by the inkbird controller. I was told only titanium ones can be controlled?
Any heater can be controlled by inkbird, I use eheim and inkbirds together on my tanks.
 
Any heater can be controlled by inkbird, I use eheim and inkbirds together on my tanks.
I’m using the Fluval one now and this is currently my controller
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4198.jpeg
    IMG_4198.jpeg
    233.6 KB · Views: 81
I’m using the Fluval one now and this is currently my controller
Just double check the heat is turned high enough on the heater itself, for example, if the heater is set at 76, but the inkbird is set at 78, then it won't work. I usually turn the heater up a degree higher than the inkbird, then let inkbird control it.

If the heater is set properly but its still not heating, then I would replace the heater.
 
Last edited:
Just double check the heat is turned high enough on the heater itself, for example, if the heater is set at 76, but the inkbird is set at 78, then it won't work. I usually turn the heater up a degree higher than the inkbird, then let inkbird control it.

If the heater is set properly but its still not heating, then I would replace the heater.
You’ve fixed my issue I think! I turned up the heater and it’s now showing on the controller. Temp is now showing as 26.2 degrees and optimal is 27 degrees. Thanks :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new