Tklb

Tklb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
July 27, 2016
So I finally got my rock out of the curing bins and into the tank. Going to go with this Aquascape at least to start. None of the coral placement is permanent at this point, just trying out places to see what is happy where. Most of these pieces are coming over from one of the Bio Cubes, so they will be much happier here, once they are light acclimated. I absolutely HATE Frag plugs, and I can't stand that I still have a few in the tank, but for now they help with moving things around to find the right place for each coral.

Overall I like the Aquascape. Hard to tell in pictures sometimes, but it showcases the dimensions of the tank really well and leaves a lot of swim space for the fish which will mostly be Anthias. Man, the WAVs can move some serious water. I was originally debating between 2 or 3, but I am glad I started with 2.

My Subject to change stocking list includes SPS and LPS corals only, except for 3 set of Zoanthids; Rastas, Blue Hornets, & Tangerine Zoas. Maybe a frag off of my Green Toadstool at some point, but that would be about it for softies. No mushrooms, Ricordia, leathers, or any other softies.

Fish will be Bicolor Anthias, Lyretail Anthias, blue-green Chroms, a Royal Gramma, possibly my Midas blenny or a tailspot blenny and a pair of undetermined clowns.

In a few months, I will probably get a couple Maxima Clams.

Only Crabs will be Emeralds. It will be a snail only, no Hermit Crab tank. Hermit crabs do nothing but **** me off.

TAG_0584.jpg

OP
OP
Tklb

Tklb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
August 4, 2016
ank is going through the Uglys right now, but I got some beautiful Redsea Lyretail Anthias, and they are in Quarantine. The picture doesn't even do them justice.

Lyretail_Anthias.jpg

OP
OP
Tklb

Tklb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
August 20, 2016
OK, so I pulled the trigger on the Neptune Systems DOS & DDR Combo. Just got it installed yesterday. It is really cool. I will be dialing it in over the next few weeks, but it is a really nice couple of pieces of equipment. I took a picture of my sump. It seems every time I get the cords arranged how I want them, I need to do something in the stand, and have to undo everything I just did. LOL. Anywhere here is the picture of the Sump area.

TAG_0672.jpg

And here is the same picture with all of the hardware labeled. Enjoy.

TAG_0672-Lab.jpg

OP
OP
Tklb

Tklb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
August 28, 2016
No new pictures today, but I bought a set of LED strip lights on clearance at Lowes for $11.97. I got a magnetic door switch at Frys for $5 and set it up as Under Stand lighting that turns on when you open the stand doors. Works pretty well for $17 and an hours worth of work soldering, shrink tubing and installing. The 2 18" LED strips put out plenty of light. I spliced the Magnetic switch into one of the power wires. Pretty cool.

OP
OP
Tklb

Tklb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
October 12, 2016
ll is going well. Tank is coming along nicely. I will try to get a pic up in the next few days. Current Stocking list, which is pretty much all of the fish going in, consists of:

5 - Black Axil Chromis
5 - Lyretail Anthias (All still Female)
2 - Darwin Clowns
2 - Chalk Basslets
1 - Yellow Tang
1 - Royal Gramma
1 - Tailspot Blenny

OP
OP
Tklb

Tklb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
October 12, 2016
Here is a shot of the tank I took tonight. I haven't figured out how to take a good pic of the tank yet with my DSLR camera. The colors never look right. While you can see all 17 fish in this picture, all of the colors look so dull. Anyway here it is.
TAG_0888.jpg

OP
OP
Tklb

Tklb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
February 15, 2017
I never really liked the coverage of 2 Radion G3 Pros over the 120. Perhaps it was due to the fact that I couldn't get them higher above the tank due to the internal height of the Canopy. So I bought 4 Radion G4 Pros.

01pic.jpg

I moved the 2 Radion G3 Pros into my 2 BioCube 29s. I stripped everything out of the hoods except for a 12v transformer and the fans. I re-wired the fans to one of the switches built into the hood. I will have to post pics of that another day, but it turned out great, and I control all 6 lights with the Apex WXM Module (It is really cool).

I had to build a new rack for the lighting, so it was off to Home Depot for the 1"x48" Square Aluminum Tubing, screws, spacers, nuts, and off to ebay for plastic end caps. I put the light mount together and put the G4 Pros on it today.
02pic.jpg

03pic.jpg

Mounted the light rack in the Canopy
04pic.jpg

And put the canopy back on the tank
05pic.jpg

The coverage is WAY BETTER. I took some PAR Readings before I made the switch, so tomorrow I am going to dial the lights in to provide PAR similar to what it was before the light upgrades. That is all for now. Sorry for the lack of Updates, I just haven't changed much on the hardware.

OP
OP
Tklb

Tklb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
July 26, 2018

Full Tank Shot
TAG_4286-02.jpg

Tank has been up and running for almost 2 years, WOW.

Current Stock List:
1 - Male Lyretail Anthia
9 - Female Lyretail Anthias
2 - Chalk Bass
3 - Chromis
2 - Clowns
1 - Yellow Tang
1 - Royal Gramma
1 - Tailspot Blenny

I switched to Bare Bottom over a year ago, and have gone almost completely SPS with some Zoas and just a few LPS. Tank is really starting to Mature. I also Plumbed in a 30 Gallon Frag Tank next to the Display, where the BioCube originally was. I will try to post pics up this week.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 29 18.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 105 66.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.2%
Back