TM All for Reef

MTsquared

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off let me start by saying I love this product and the simplicity. I have noticed better more consistent results than standard 2 part dosing. I am now mixing my own with the premade mix and RO water as I am currently dosing roughly 100ml/ day - 4.2ml/ hr. I was dosing significantly less in a mixed reef WB 130.4 prior to adding more SPS and it was keeping my Alk in the 8-8.5 range. I noticed about a month ago as I was adding more SPS that I had a big Alk drop (in the 4s) as a result of not dosing enough and now I am playing catch-up to get it back to a normal range. When I tested yesterday I was back up to 5.8. I have slowly been increasing the dosing amount through my pump so as not to have a huge swing up and dial in the correct range for stability.
Here is my question for those of you with larger mixed reefs that use TM All for Reef - per their instructions on the website:

Start with a daily dose of 5 ml of ALL-FOR-REEF per 100 litres (26 US-gal) of aquarium system volume. Increase the daily dosage – by continuous monitoring of alkalinity – weekly by 2.5 ml per 100 litres (26 US-gal) of aquarium system volume, until a constant carbonate hardness of 7 to 9 °dH is reached.

Do not exceed a maximum daily dose of 25 ml of ALL-FOR-REEF per 100 litres (26 US-gal) of aquarium system volume.

I am currently at a daily add of 100.8 per the Kamoer pump. Based on TM instructions and the size of my tank I cap out at roughly 125ml/ day as a max dosage. I am currently close to this number and will likely need to continue to increase the amount I am dosing to get back to the 7-9 range that is recommended. According to WB website my WB 130.4 is 126.9g total system volume. What do I do if I get to the point where I am adding the maximum amount of 125ml/ day and still not in the 7-9Alk range?

coralfishreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lou mentions a tank that uses 3x the recommended amount per day starting around the 8 min mark of this reef dude’s stream.

OP
OP
M

MTsquared

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue especially after adding new lights. Have had success by using max recommended amount of AFR and then supplementing with 2 part.
I thought about this as I have 2 part remaining from before I switched to AFR. Wasn’t sure if it would cause any issues? Are you still basing your 2 part dosing off of the Alk or something else?

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought about this as I have 2 part remaining from before I switched to AFR. Wasn’t sure if it would cause any issues? Are you still basing your 2 part dosing off of the Alk or something else?
I individually dose Alk and Ca based on Trident testing. Have been doing this for several months with no issues

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back