TMC Reef Salt Made By Tropic Marin

FruiTee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been looking to switch salts away from Red Sea Coral Pro since I run my Alk at 8.8-9.1 and I wanted to switch to Tropic Marin Pro Reef or standard but the lower alk on the pro reef bothered me and the lower cal and mag on the classic also bothered me

My LFS got these in stock
80EFB974-97F5-4D1C-8F7F-5193FAF2D6C8.jpeg

The Alk mixes to 8-9
Cal 420-440
Mag 1300-1400

So not exactly the same as pro reef or classic but the levels are pretty much where I run my tank at.

So I bought it and gave it a shot today it mixed clear in 10-15 minutes i was super surprised about this

there was no brown particles like RSCP and I'm leaving a bit in my salt water mixing station over night to see if it clouds up when you keep mixing like RSCP does

Does anyone else have experience with this salt?

*Edit I do 20%-30% weekly water changes instead of 10% so closer parameters to mine just gives me better peace of mind regarding stability

Also I'm tired of brown gunk at the bottom of my bin and the fact that RSCP Precipitates when stored longer than 24 hours when mixed

Last edited:
OP
OP
FruiTee

FruiTee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lou Ekus i would love some more information and clarity on this salt

Is it made with the same high grade materials and measures as all your other Tropic Marin salts?

Any key differences between this and your other salt products?

Also this salt is super cheap in my country compared to other brands why isn't it on the official tropic marin website or listed as a official product? I mean It has your brand label on

*Edit
Can you kindly also supply me with information on how long this salt can stay stored when mixed etc as information on this salt is very scarce

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lou Ekus i would love some more information and clarity on this salt

Is it made with the same high grade materials and measures as all your other Tropic Marin salts?

Any key differences between this and your other salt products?

Also this salt is super cheap in my country compared to other brands why isn't it on the official tropic marin website or listed as a official product? I mean It has your brand label on

*Edit
Can you kindly also supply me with information on how long this salt can stay stored when mixed etc as information on this salt is very scarce
You might have better luck posting your question in the Tropic Marin forum. What country are you in? I have never seen that offered in the US. It would be nice to have a cheap tropic marin option. I pay around $100 USD for the classic.

OP
OP
FruiTee

FruiTee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might have better luck posting your question in the Tropic Marin forum. What country are you in? I have never seen that offered in the US. It would be nice to have a cheap tropic marin option. I pay around $100 USD for the classic.
South Africa. Apparently this is widely sold in the EU so said by my LFS its the price equivalent of $67 after exchange rate, its very cheap compared to all other brands available here

so far its storing well it hasn’t gotten cloudy at all and we going a full 24 hours might be a cheap tropic marin pro

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
South Africa. Apparently this is widely sold in the EU so said by my LFS its the price equivalent of $67 after exchange rate, its very cheap compared to all other brands available here

so far its storing well it hasn’t gotten cloudy at all and we going a full 24 hours might be a cheap tropic marin pro
Strange they don't list it on their main website. Where is this salt manufactured? I know they opened up a production facility in Turkey recently. Maybe they started producing a cheaper version there for the EU market.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very interesting salt mix, is it exclusive to a certain store or the UK?

OP
OP
FruiTee

FruiTee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
very interesting salt mix, is it exclusive to a certain store or the UK?
Its made for TMC (Tropical Marine Center) they breed with multiple species of fish. But its sold by TMC as well, this batch was imported straight from TMC in the EU

Tony Thompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only available through Tropical Marine Centre Wholesale or retailers (LFS) with Tropical Marine Centre Accounts.

TMC wholesale depots are in Lisbon Portugal EU, Manchester, Bristol and London UK. These are primary livestock wholesale, but also do a range of dry goods, including Salifert.

Tropical Marine Centre are the official distributors of Tropic Marin Products, and this particular product is made for them exclusively, so not available direct from Tropic Marin. Its the similarity in names that is confusing :)

TBH @FruiTee IME when it comes to salt brands they all are fine to use for your animals. So if it fits your parameters and price, just go with it. If you want more details of the salt, contact your Tropical Marine Centre or LFS.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 21.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back