TM's New Salt?

LOL

All of these salts have a WIDE variance in mixture (macro & trace). I would embrace the prospect of customizing the mixture according to the tank needs and aquarist input.
I dont say that needs either but should fulfill the purpose better if you really need to lower ONE element (or maybe a few)

Most (but not all) high quality salt is good enough. I have had red sea since 20 years back and maybe done 100 icp tests. Not a single issue ever with this salt.

Jonas
 
LOL

All of these salts have a WIDE variance in mixture (macro & trace). I would embrace the prospect of customizing the mixture according to the tank needs and aquarist input.
I hope you have luck with it, being over double the cost of a standard mix + Tank ICP + Traces. What is wrong with a water change with a standard mix? I don't doubt there are a few folk that could find Purity useful, just can't think why at the minute.
 
I hope you have luck with it, being over double the cost of a standard mix + Tank ICP + Traces. What is wrong with a water change with a standard mix? I don't doubt there are a few folk that could find Purity useful, just can't think why at the minute.
I haven't jumped into the deep end of the pool with it. My original question was seeking additional specifics/input from an insider source(s) in terms of technical attributes, etc. As usual with R2R, the commentary has been opinionation.
 
My original question was seeking additional specifics/input from an insider source(s) in terms of technical attributes, etc. As usual with R2R, the commentary has been opinionation.

Exactly as intended.

Not sure what you mean by asking for “insider information”. A number of folks have provided an appropriate technical discussion based on the stated attributes of the mix. That is exactly why this forum exists:providing educated assessment of ideas.

If you want to try to use this forum to get FM to comment, that will fail. They do not participate here. Hans-Werner from TM may comment if he is familiar with the product.

@Hans-Werner
 
Exactly as intended.

Not sure what you mean by asking for “insider information”. A number of folks have provided an appropriate technical discussion based on the stated attributes of the mix. That is exactly why this forum exists:providing educated assessment of ideas.

If you want to try to use this forum for other purposes, such as getting FM to comment, that will fail. They do not participate here.
Nope.

When those of us who are asking for specific information from specific sources then that request should be honored.

If I wanted unsolicited non-substantive "answers" to specific request/questions then I'll search out the forum "Opinions On Reef Keeping" and/or TikTok...
 
Nope.

When those of us who are asking for specific information from specific sources then that request should be honored.

If I wanted unsolicited non-substantive "answers" to specific request/questions then I'll search out the forum "Opinions On Reef Keeping" and/or TikTok...

Request denied. This is an open forum with many readers and while you may not want the answers you get, others may benefit, and those who post within the terms of service get to decide what is appropriate for their own posts.
 
Request denied. This is an open forum with many readers and while you may not want the answers you get, others may benefit, and those who post within the terms of service get to decide what is appropriate for their own posts.
LOL

Proverbs 18:13

P.S. I can just as easily add you to the ignore list ;-)
 
LOL

Proverbs 18:13

P.S. I can just as easily add you to the ignore list ;-)

I don’t think you can. Let’s just move forward without fighting about how the forum should be run. :)
 
LOL

Proverbs 18:13

I don’t think you can. Let’s just move forward without fighting about how the forum should be run. :)
Not fighting. But when a person or persons persist in providing opinion over requested specifics; then that's being inconsiderate to the OP. Regardless, of whatever "by-laws, mission statement" that's in place.

I ask for people's opinions on this forum all the time. However like many, I also ask for specific information with specificity in mind. I try to be patient with people who circumvent these kinds of requests with their opinions, as they may not be particularly mindful at the time.

However, my patience isn't unlimited and if detect egoism-narcissism in their demeanor via the nature of their responses (opinions) then that person goes into "time out" indefinitely.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Not fighting. But when a person or persons persist in providing opinion over requested specifics; then that's being inconsiderate to the OP. Regardless, of whatever "by-laws, mission statement" that's in place.

I ask for people's opinions on this forum all the time. However like many, I also ask for specific information with specificity in mind. I try to be patient with people who circumvent these kinds of requests with their opinions, as they may not be particularly mindful at the time.

However, my patience isn't unlimited and if detect egoism-narcissism in their demeanor via the nature of their responses (opinions) then that person goes into "time out" indefinitely.

Putting the anthropology hat on, I can't dismiss the notion that the creator of Humble Reef titled the website as such with R2R in mind.

Ok, you and all others are welcome to your opinion, and to use ignore however you want.
 
As usual with R2R, the commentary has been opinionation.
However, my patience isn't unlimited and if detect egoism-narcissism in their demeanor via the nature of their responses (opinions) then that person goes into "time out" indefinitely.

Do you imagine people reading these announcements and pleading, “Please, Bear, don’t ignore me, Oh Please Ser, I will do anything not to be in time out”?

You keep presenting your ignore list as if losing your attention is a punishment.

The raw irony of dismissing others’ responses as “opinionation” while using your own opinion of them to decide who deserves “time out” is not lost on anybody here but you, I suppose. Announcing that decision as if anyone cares is a prima facie example of the “egoism-narcissism” you project toward others.

P.S. I can just as easily add you to the ignore list ;-)

As stated in the prior threads where you made these announcements, your words are still visible to everyone else, as are the responses. The emperor has no clothes, but his head is buried in the sand, leaving the rest of us staring at his butt.
 
Do you imagine people reading these announcements and pleading, “Please, Bear, don’t ignore me, Oh Please Ser, I will do anything not to be in time out”?

You keep presenting your ignore list as if losing your attention is a punishment.

The raw irony of dismissing others’ responses as “opinionation” while using your own opinion of them to decide who deserves “time out” is not lost on anybody here but you, I suppose. Announcing that decision as if anyone cares is a prima facie example of the “egoism-narcissism” you project toward others.



As stated in the prior threads where you made these announcements, your words are still visible to everyone else, as are the responses. The emperor has no clothes, but his head is buried in the sand, leaving the rest of us staring at his butt.
In baseball parlance Bear has been Beaned...hahaha!
 
Most (but not all) high quality salt is good enough. I have had red sea since 20 years back and maybe done 100 icp tests. Not a single issue ever with this salt.

Jonas

I wonder if anyone else finds it entertaining that a premium salt is being promoted, with less in it, requires a form of ICP testing, only to buy products to add back what was removed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new