To drill or not to drill

Love the Tang

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2013
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a 170 gallon acrylic tank has the built in wet/dry filter system built into the back of the tank a few people said to remove the bio balls and just run a filter media to catch large particles and use live rock and sand to be the live filter.
I also have a 50 gallon sump I can use to house all my gear in and setup a refugium I have a rio17 for return pump and I can purchase a skimmer for the sump or just use a HOB and not drill my tank. So what are your thoughts in leaving alone or running the under tank sump?
 
Oh well to late now I drilled the tank to run my sump this is the sump I have.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1388981981.754708.jpg
 
I was gonna sayDRILL IT...but glad you did already...
No point using hob on a tank that size as they are not made to support that large of a system..
Now...start a build thread so we can see you progress!
 
DRILLL DRILL. Oh my bad. You did it. :bigsmile:
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new