To go CaRX or DOS - Newer build

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings all -

This fall I set up a Fiji Cube 81g (36x24x22) tank, which will be SPS dominant. Taking advantage of Black Friday sales in 2019, I gathered most of the items for the build. Part of that is an Apex controller, for monitoring and alerting. Now that the tank is starting to consume Alk, I'm on the fence if I should invest in two DOS units (Ca, Alk, Balling C, and extra head), or get a CaRX setup. The price difference is marginal, and after reviewing posts on R2R, I'm starting to lean towards the CaRX. My question is, what would you do if in the same position? I don't have a Trident, nor do I plan on getting one, if that helps.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings all -

This fall I set up a Fiji Cube 81g (36x24x22) tank, which will be SPS dominant. Taking advantage of Black Friday sales in 2019, I gathered most of the items for the build. Part of that is an Apex controller, for monitoring and alerting. Now that the tank is starting to consume Alk, I'm on the fence if I should invest in two DOS units (Ca, Alk, Balling C, and extra head), or get a CaRX setup. The price difference is marginal, and after reviewing posts on R2R, I'm starting to lean towards the CaRX. My question is, what would you do if in the same position? I don't have a Trident, nor do I plan on getting one, if that helps.

Two DOS pumps run about $600.00

To build the right (solid) cal reactor setup would be over $1,000.00

I'd start off with DOS and maybe switch over to a cal reactor down the line.

JMO...

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back