To many snails????

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 100s of snails aslong they have something to eat it’s no problem.

39A0A48C-1E88-492A-ACD6-0E9C900B9229.jpeg

They are like rabbits
DDD75442-53DA-495D-BF95-E5B8649C2699.jpeg

these are baby Trochus radiatus
These are baby Limpets. I’ve got other snails reproducing but these I’m wondering about …
25B594EF-F34C-4D4B-92BE-3A428318493A.jpeg

Last edited:

KYnewbee42103

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are baby Limpets. I’ve got other snails reprising but these I’m wondering about …
25B594EF-F34C-4D4B-92BE-3A428318493A.jpeg
Don’t worry they will die out your tank will balance out it’s own ecosystem I had thousands of feather dusters eventually none eventually you will need to dose things you can’t get with water changes to keep coral alive and the prettier you want that tank the longer and more expensive it will get! Don’t worry about those it get way more crazy lol!

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t worry they will die out your tank will balance out it’s own ecosystem I had thousands of feather dusters eventually none eventually you will need to dose things you can’t get with water changes to keep coral alive and the prettier you want that tank the longer and more expensive it will get! Don’t worry about those it get way more crazy lol!
I love my sexy shrimp and they host in my tank. Not sure why you started shooting reefing 101 facts out in this conversation. I dose and do water changes. I even top off my tanks with fresh Ro/DI water. I also know about expenses.
Anyway back to thread. Seems like KYnewbee wasn’t successful maintaining a evenly tempered tank. I’ve had success so far. But still keeping my eye on the dotty. It’s 6 to 1 against the dotty and think it understands that. It also understands my index finger pointing at it.

KYnewbee42103

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are baby Limpets. I’ve got other snails reproducing but these I’m wondering
I love my sexy shrimp and they host in my tank. Not sure why you started shooting reefing 101 facts out in this conversation. I dose and do water changes. I even top off my tanks with fresh Ro/DI water. I also know about expenses.
Anyway back to thread. Seems like KYnewbee wasn’t successful maintaining a evenly tempered tank. I’ve had success so far. But still keeping my eye on the dotty. It’s 6 to 1 against the dotty and think it understands that. It also understands my index finger pointing at it.
sorry I said anything at all no offense intended buddy your right my tank is sub par just here to learn!

KYnewbee42103

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn’t trying to offend anyone I’m glad you do what’s required for the animals in your tank. I will leave it there sorry you were offended when you have some spare time could you give me a few pointers on my tank I’ve got a few threads?

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well , my 300 dollar yellow tang would be the boss in my tank but my fox face is bigger . They do not leave one another's side always eating on the same rock . Then there is my neon goby is by far the bravest little fish I have ever seen . He goes on all my fish to clean them from his perch a purple and green brain coral.

KYnewbee42103

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well , my 300 dollar yellow tang would be the boss in my tank but my fox face is bigger . They do not leave one another's side always eating on the same rock . Then there is my neon goby is by far the bravest little fish I have ever seen . He goes on all my fish to clean them from his perch a purple and green brain coral.
That’s good not that yellow tangs should be $300 bucks now days but my purple tang which is in the same family hates my one spot foxface at least yours get along! That’s awesome!

KYnewbee42103

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow tangs are so hard to keep my blonde naso and Achilles were hard enough had to settle for a purple tang Whats the secret

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me it was yellow or purple tang I was set on purple because corona pre-ban Hawaii and yellows you just couldn't find any were . Walked into one of my local fish store and there he was. So, I asked the wife yellow or purple. Well, You know the answer.
He has been a model citizen so far . I think I would have gone with the purple !

KYnewbee42103

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize for the latency in my response. Unfortunately they are both in the same fam and super aggressive!! I absolutely despise our purple tang if our blonde naso didn’t like him so much then the naso would be alone. I love some tangs and they love people only they hate each other they are the pit bulls of reef safe fish lol

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the first time I have gone without a sailfin tang the last one I had let me push him in circles with my finger . That was before I knew they have very sharp knifes in there tail.

OP
OP
IUSTINIAN75

IUSTINIAN75

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything looks good so far, they are cleaning up the diatoms I hope I really didn’t want to dose anything… and I am getting a second tank going soon so I guess I’ll have some to move over but it’s looking alright nobody’s mad or looking hungry

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 27

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 53 85.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back