to much flow?

  • Thread starter Thread starter beansbro1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

beansbro1

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 23, 2006
Messages
66
Reaction score
8
Location
Petersburg, indiana
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive set up a Red Sea 250 its a 54g tank. I have two icecap gyre 2k on the hydros wave maker controller. the only thing that seems happy is my hammer coral. I have them set at 25% I don't know if I need to turn them up or down or get rid of one. open to suggestions please. thank you
 
I have a 40 breeder with 2 icecap gyres 2k set at 45%, lps and sps tank.

Its not possible to suggest if you should turn them up or down, or move them around, or change the flow pattern. It really takes a lot of experimentation to get it right, and then you add corals and corals grow, so the flow always needs some occasional adjustment.

Flow is not only about making corals happy, but also to eliminate dead flow spots, and to push as mush water as possible into your filtration devices.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new