To paste not to paste

CHI-Mark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So

I picked up some reef roids and was looking into how to feed my coral. Polylabs state to use a teaspoon for every 100g's and to turn it into a paste and target feed. I have seen several others state mix it with water and it will be watery and then target feed. Has anyone tried this paste option and if so how ?

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just mix in with my frozen and broad cast feed. I really do not see the benefit of using a paste, unless you are feeding LPS corals

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals will do fine on their own with good lighting and flow. Reefroids are just an extra benefit to it all. No need to target feed, because it is just making them go into protection mode. Broadcasting it is the best way. If you are worried about it being more waste in your tank. Then do half of what is recommended and broadcast it 2 or 3x a week.
If you have say a brain or an acan coral that requires a meaty food. Then target feed them gently.
Reefroids and Reefchili are a great choice and have a positive impact where most actually have a negative impact.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back