To sock or not

  • Thread starter Thread starter ncfishguy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I bought several of these socks when I was at Reefapalooza in Orlando this year from Scott and could not be any happier. They are a cinch to clean and do a tremendous job of cleaning up the suspended particulate.

If you are going to run socks, try these out.... you will be a happy reefkeeper....
What about Micro bubbles ? Or do they pretty much catch all the bubbles
 
I've never found the need to run a filter sock on a regular basis. When I blast my rocks with a power head or stir up my sand bed then I'll use one for a few hours to polish the water, but aside from that there just more of a hassle than anything else.
Put it this way, what a filter sock can catch within a weeks time and what I can remove with a siphon in about 5 minutes are two different stories. I'd much rather have things like pods & food float freely throughout the system as opposed to being caught up in a filter sock for hours on end allowed to rot. No thanks...
 
Last edited:
I'm going to have to look into those nylon socks. Seems like an easier way to do it. I've been thinking about using one with carbon in it on the open channel of my Bean overflow and one without carbon on the siphon channel.
 
I'm going to have to look into those nylon socks. Seems like an easier way to do it. I've been thinking about using one with carbon in it on the open channel of my Bean overflow and one without carbon on the siphon channel.
I'm thinking those socks will have a lot of bubbles escaping in to the sump /return section
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new