Toadstool Acclimation

TrampledByEwoks

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2021
Messages
87
Reaction score
40
Location
St.Paul
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a green toadstool leather off someone tearing down a tank last Saturday. Guy didn’t want to remove it from the sizable rock it was on. Being I was on a time crunch the leather and rock were placed down on the sand bed for the night until I could rescape the tank using the new rock.

First night and then day up until the rescape the green polyps were very prevalent but since the rescape which moved the toadstool about 6 inches closer to light I haven’t seen a single polyp and it has just looked like the attached picture.

I know toadstools like moderate flow and it is definitely getting that as I adjust the flow two days ago to amp it up a bit but no change.

Should I be waiting this out or looking to move the leather further from light again?

1690420624377.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new