Toadstool Coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter zenom73
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

zenom73

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2026
Messages
57
Reaction score
40
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been trying to be patient on this thing, but it just is not coming around. I brought it home from the LFS about 3 weeks ago and dipped it and put it in. It seems like it has shed and released some white stuff a couple times. Still it's not opening. Keeps getting floppier, but it seems the foot is still strong? Is this just it pouting still? I can lightly see some green "pimples" on it's skin which is the tentacles color that comes out of the leather. I have a couple other corals doing "ok", a few doing great, this is probably the worst one. Flow is medium I would say and the lighting is probably like 200-225 par.

Alk 8
Calcium 480 (a little high)
Magnesium was 1483
Temp 79
Tropic Marin Pro Reef Salt
Tank is about 2 mos old.



leather.JPEG
 
is something growing out of it, or is something impaled in it?
 
is something growing out of it, or is something impaled in it?
It’s a toothpick that was there when I bought it. Not sure that is how the fragged it?
 
If the leather has attached to the frag plug then I would pull it out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new