Toadstool coral shedding or dying?

chibiyee

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 23, 2022
Messages
7
Reaction score
3
Location
San Diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
Recently I’ve become concerned for my leather toadstool coral. It has been in my established tank for 2 weeks without issue. It began to look wrinkly and mucous-y a few days ago. I figured it was shedding. Then I had a new diatom outburst in my tank. I’ve managing the outburst, but now it looks my toadstool is crumbling… I’m not sure if I should just leave it be, or if it’s dying. If it’s dying I want to take it out so it doesn’t leach toxins and kill my other corals. The other corals have shrunk in and look unhappy the past few days… so I’m worried. I have a neon goby in the tank who seems fine. Let me know! I really don’t want to lose anything in the tank!

Here’s the parameters:

Ammonia 0
Nitirites 0
PH 8.1
Nitrates .25
Temp 76
SG 1.24

I attached some pics. I turned the lights up a little brighter for a better look.
Thoughts? Thanks I’m advance for any help!
F4B62D47-8E16-44DD-9D3D-C7D6E053B128.jpeg
 
The base seems to have some rot. These need moderate light and medium flow. I suspect its not getting adequate flow, but the question is : Will advancing flow perk it up. It looks very unhappy
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new