Toadstool Leather Bleaching Acros

  • Thread starter Thread starter tdaviau
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tdaviau

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 29, 2014
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a fairly large toadstool that needed to be moved. Ever since it was moved (about 2 weeks ago) I am noticing some of my acans bleaching from the base up...

Nothing has changed in my water chemistry (of the conditions I can monitor):
Calcium: 420 ppm
Alkalinity: 8.5 dKH
Salinity: sg = 1.025
Temperature: 78° F
pH: 8.2
Magnesium: 1280ppm
Phosphate: < 0.03 ppm
Ammonia: <0.1 ppm
Nitrates: ~2ppm

Lighting period is same as it has been:
Blue LEDs
If Time 08:30 to 10:30 Then (0 to 100%)
If Time 10:30 to 17:30 Then ON
If Time 17:30 to 19:30 Then PF2 (100% to 0)

White LEDs
If Time 09:00 to 11:00 Then PF1 (0 to 100%)
If Time 11:30 to 17:30 Then ON
If Time 17:30 to 19:30 Then PF2 (100% to 0)

Protein Skimmer (REEF OCTOPUS 10") - is skimming a bit more, but no other changes noted

Thanks
 
Was wondering if anyone else has seen this phenomenon, or if any recommendations... Scheduled to do a 50% water change this weekend, followed up by another next week if needed...
 
Yes I have had that issue. Some softies will slime up and foul the water when messed with. I'm sure there's a technical term for it. I always run carbon in my tank because of the large leathers I have.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new