Toadstool leather

Calireefer92

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2018
Messages
648
Reaction score
189
Location
Corona
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers I have this toadstool leather I have a question. I came home today and saw white patches on it just wondering if it’s normal or shedding

5CEFA9D2-217E-4B43-B1BD-EE468E2748E2.jpeg 161E7626-4DBA-4E8F-B45D-A88F61D1FC3B.jpeg
 
It is Shedding likely. Blow gentle blasts at it with turkey baster which will separate that film. Also direct water flow towards leather- Not at it. They require water movement to keep layer loose.
 
Many also suggest running carbon during this time to absorb any pollutants the shed releases.
 
It is Shedding likely. Blow gentle blasts at it with turkey baster which will separate that film. Also direct water flow towards leather- Not at it. They require water movement to keep layer loose.
Moderate flow. did it just finish shedding?
 
Mine also has the same, is still fully happy under light and has been like this for a few days but is gradually getting worse. Any suggestions?
 

Attachments

  • A176CE1C-FC72-4F13-A2BD-C58A634CC680.jpeg
    A176CE1C-FC72-4F13-A2BD-C58A634CC680.jpeg
    199.4 KB · Views: 34

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new