Today we grieve the loss of one of our own. RIP Lori Johnson

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Today we join as a reefing community in grieving the loss of one of our own. We learned today of the passing of Lori Johnson (known here on R2R as @Tanggirl12), a well-known member of the reef community. Those who knew Lori know of her passion for marine life and for helping others. She went out of her way to build community and to further the reef hobby. She was a light in our community, and she will be sorely missed by everyone who knew her.

Our hearts, prayers, and thoughts go out to her family and friends. As a community, we would like to encourage anyone who wants to help the family with expenses during this difficult time. A GoFundMe has been started in her name to assist with this. Please make donations HERE.

Rest in peace, Lori. We will miss you.

1.jpeg

Here was her build thread: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/96x30x24-h-300g-upgrade.290238/

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Totally shocked and saddened today to read this. The reefing community lost someone very special. It's a reminder to us all that we are not promised tomorrow or even our next breath. Prayers for Lori's family and friends.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Daniel do you know her logon name, condolences :( I was wondering how she might have posted on here if any.
I'm actually not sure what her screen name was on R2R. If anyone does know, please share that with us.

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today we join as a reefing community in grieving the loss of one of our own. We learned today of the passing of Lori Johnson, a well-known member of the reef community. Those who knew Lori know of her passion for marine life and for helping others. She went out of her way to build community and to further the reef hobby. She was a light in our community, and she will be sorely missed by everyone who knew her.

Our hearts, prayers, and thoughts go out to her family and friends. As a community, we would like to encourage anyone who wants to help the family with expenses during this difficult time. A GoFundMe has been started in her name to assist with this. Please make donations HERE.

Rest in peace, Lori. We will miss you.

1.jpeg

What is her screename here? Most people don’t know people actual names.

thanks

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
she seemed to post a lot on the various facebook reefing groups, seemed really nice and helpful

RIP
That's where we knew her from as well.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back