toledo ohio people!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dtackett
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dtackett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 29, 2015
Messages
1,993
Reaction score
824
Location
Forest, OH
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so im taking the family to the zoo on Saturday and am looking for a place to take my wife out to for date night after were done at the zoo. looking for a decent place to eat. preferably something locally owned. I don't like going to different towns and eating at the same chains I can eat at while im close to home... any suggestions? would really like someplace waterfront.
 
Greetings, @Dtackett! From the Zoo you're just a hop, skip, and a jump from downtown, which has a variety of local eateries. If waterfront is a must, you'll want to head across the river from downtown to the docks. There you'll find:
  • Real Seafood Company (They have a pretty good selection of seafood for the Midwest, I've always had good meals there. It can be a bit pricey though depending on what you get.)
  • Zia's (Italian. Good eats anytime I've eaten there.)
  • Forrester's (American fare. I've only been there once and it was more of an appetizers/drinks gathering, so I can't comment too much in regards to their food.)
Real Seafood and Forrester's are definitely more up-scale if that's what you looking for in a date night. Don't take that to mean you have to wear a suit to fit in, though.

If waterfront isn't a must, downtown has a bunch of great places to dine, too.
 
And shoot - I just realized you posted this last week, so you've already made the trek. Where did you end up eating?
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new