Tomini tang behavior

Devonjevon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I hadnot purchased a fish in about 2 years.
About 2 months ago I purchased a tomini tang. He is doing great after his initial quarintine Do they dig borrows? Mins is its using it's tail to dig holes. Is this normal behavior?

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how's his skin? he's probably trying to get a parasite off

OP
OP
Devonjevon

Devonjevon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is not scratching he is fanning his tail and digging holes. I'll take a picture of the burrow. When lights come on. After a month of antibiotics hypo salinity copper in quarantine i seriously don't think he has a parasite. He is eating like a pig. And is not being bossed around.

mrcoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have have one but have never seen or heard of that. laying eggs is probably not what he is doing I would like to +1 the first response gmoney is right on the money. Good luck and keep us posted.

mrcoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You really did a month of antibiotics, hypo, copper and quarantine? He is probably trying to get parasites to get back so that he can start feeling normal again. Like a dog that rolls in the dirt.

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad he's still alive. Everything I've ever read said don't do copper AND hypo both. It's too much for the fish to take.

islander84

Island Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen tangs burrow to get a hiding spot when they are stressed not very common though......and i have a vampire tang that likes to eat sand and swim across the tank and poop a stream of sand all over my corals! lol.... fish do weird things sometimes....

OP
OP
Devonjevon

Devonjevon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is still doing great he his the biggest fish I have so far. And yes I did a month of quarantine because I've had my tank ick free for 3 years don't wanna start now. Yes I did hypo and copper and antibiotics. Started just copper and biotics. Very very gradually decreased salinity. Glad I don't have a deep sand bed.
It makes me kinda nervous. I have steaks or I gues acrylic stilts that my rock work rests on. He/she favorite sleeping spot is below about 30 lbs of rock

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 65 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back