Tommy's Phyto needs your help!!!! Test our site and give me your thoughts!

Thomas Danho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Hey everyone!

Tommy's Phyto has been trying to expand and now we want our own website!

Please help me and tell me what you think and what I should change on the website!

hit me straight, I want to know what the reef community wants to see! Please see my link below

www.tommysphyto.shop

Thank you,

Gogol_frag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might want to add a small "about us" page so people can learn more about you. Looks pretty good though, and it wasn't frustrating to use/load.
+1 on "about us".

You can also have some mention of why phyto and zoo planktons are good for our reef systems, basic dos and donts, and what to expect. Just a thought - was the name Tommy's Planktons already taken?

I am extremely pro-planktons and have been culturing 2 types of zoos and three types of phytos. The information about them (benthic, pelagic, dos, donts etc) are really hard to find outside of research papers that either have a narrow-focus and/or a setup that is vastly different than ornamental).

Quite excited to see your progress.
Hey everyone!

Please help me and tell me what you think and what I should change on the website!

hit me straight, I want to know what the reef community wants to see! Please see my link below

www.tommysphyto.shop

Thank you,
+1 on "About us".

You can also have some mention of why phyto and zoo planktons are good for our reef systems, basic dos and donts, and what to expect, when you go down that journey. Just a thought - was the name Tommy's Planktons already taken?

Personally, I am extremely pro-planktons and have been culturing 2 types of zoos and three types of phytos. The information about them (benthic, pelagic, do's, don'ts etc.) are really hard to find outside of research papers that either have a narrow-focus and/or a setup that is vastly different than ornamental).

OP
OP
Thomas Danho

Thomas Danho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
+1 on "about us".

You can also have some mention of why phyto and zoo planktons are good for our reef systems, basic dos and donts, and what to expect. Just a thought - was the name Tommy's Planktons already taken?

I am extremely pro-planktons and have been culturing 2 types of zoos and three types of phytos. The information about them (benthic, pelagic, dos, donts etc) are really hard to find outside of research papers that either have a narrow-focus and/or a setup that is vastly different than ornamental).

+1 on "About us".

You can also have some mention of why phyto and zoo planktons are good for our reef systems, basic dos and donts, and what to expect, when you go down that journey. Just a thought - was the name Tommy's Planktons already taken?

Personally, I am extremely pro-planktons and have been culturing 2 types of zoos and three types of phytos. The information about them (benthic, pelagic, do's, don'ts etc.) are really hard to find outside of research papers that either have a narrow-focus and/or a setup that is vastly different than ornamental).

Thank you for your help! This is the exact feedback I need to keep pushing up forward.

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At first I only thought you had one product. You have the same pic twice on the main page. I figured the left right arrows were just to more pics of the same product. I would get rid of the second pic and put your other product there. I would also condense the home page so people don't need to scroll down to see additional products. A bit less white space and smaller images. Or have the products automatically scroll slowly. Add a third product a combination of the two.
I am viewing on a Samsung S10 FYI.

OP
OP
Thomas Danho

Thomas Danho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
At first I only thought you had one product. You have the same pic twice on the main page. I figured the left right arrows were just to more pics of the same product. I would get rid of the second pic and put your other product there. I would also condense the home page so people don't need to scroll down to see additional products. A bit less white space and smaller images. Or have the products automatically scroll slowly. Add a third product a combination of the two.
I am viewing on a Samsung S10 FYI.
Combo of 2 products is biiliant! I use to sell 1 of each as a pack! I am going to bring that back!

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That white background is brutal. Perhaps black with white text?

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the website is cool but it's a bit odd that the first thing you see is in fact, a giant bag of phyto but with no context or description. Certainly it makes sense to feature your phyto, but make it less... Blunt or clunky? Maybe a splash page with a short description of what you do with links to the product from there. Otherwise, it's modern enough. I'm thinking of something like legendary corals, where it has the overview first and it's then broken up into categories.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Phyto subscription appears to be monthly but pods weekly. Is that correct?

It might be difficult for you to track, but giving the option for the frequency of repeat purchases could be good.

BigRich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with the about page with info such as tips/do’s & don’ts as well as how your phyto/pods don’t have fish diseases/etc. I’m sure a lot of ppl will be concerned that the pods/etc are coming from a clean, sterile environment. Also sell combo packs for starters, like pods/phyto. I didn’t notice that combo on the site. All the best!

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Tommy. I like the site. I agree give a little information about yourself. Give e as much information as you can about the benefits of phyto. Give the best information on how to use it and what not to do. I also agree you should do a combo pack of pods and phtyo. I would buy that on my next purchase for sure. If you're going to sell pods you should have a space explaining which pods their are and what they are good for as well. Also add a section explaining your shipping. Like the prices include it and what not. That is about everything I have to say besides still rooting for you!

PaulAlmeida305

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!

www.tommysphyto.shop

Thank
In my opinion, On the Home Page, Tommy's Phyto should be center and bigger and a running banner of specials or just advertising. You should have an About us page showing some of how you grow your phyto and pods and talk about the people putting in the work. (People want to see your operation) A product page showing what you sell and the different packages and last a contact us page providing all contact information to relieve the prospective buyer that you will be there for them if they need to contact you. Remember the most successful business are all about customer service. Good Luck and hope this helps

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 31 29.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back