Tonga shelf and base rock?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

fermentedhiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking at this as I'm planning a multiple overhang column. You state a 15lb minimum and that this is the what the smallest ones weigh, but don't state an average size of the "platter". The 20" plus is a bit too large for my application but something in the 15" range would work. How do i try and get something in this range? ie if I were to order 30lbs would I get one larger piece or two small or a larger and smaller etc... I realize you can't be exact in order fulfillment but is there any sort of ballpark figure to go by?

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there!

We can absolutely do our best to get you a piece in the range you are looking for. For the Tonga shelf w/base, the minimum 15lb order is going to yield approximately a 12"-15" plate with a base attached.

What works best for our rock picking team is if you put your size requests in the order comments prior to checkout. If you are looking for a 15"-ish piece w/base, I would order 20lbs and make the comment for 15". If you are looking for just the Tonga plates, you can order them the same (with comments to sizes) except you don't need to order as many pounds. I would say that a 15" plate-only would be around 8-10lbs.

Lastly, you can make the same comments for 30lb orders. If you know you want two 15" pieces or one 30" piece, you can make those requests prior to checking out and our team will do their best to get as close as possible! :)

Hopefully this clears up any confusion for you! Let me know if you need any other information!

-Randy

OP
OP
fermentedhiker

fermentedhiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks a lot for the reply. that answers most of my questions. So if I was looking for a 15" ish piece and a 10"ish piece would 25lbs be about right or should I bump up to 30? lastly if I was looking to top it with a piece of pukani that spread upward/outward to about 7" how much would you recommend ordering? My goal is to create a 3 or 4 tier column giving me mounting locations for various light levels. ie sps on top of the pukani piece and LPS at the next layer and rhodactis etc.... at the lowest shelf.

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks a lot for the reply. that answers most of my questions. So if I was looking for a 15" ish piece and a 10"ish piece would 25lbs be about right or should I bump up to 30? lastly if I was looking to top it with a piece of pukani that spread upward/outward to about 7" how much would you recommend ordering? My goal is to create a 3 or 4 tier column giving me mounting locations for various light levels. ie sps on top of the pukani piece and LPS at the next layer and rhodactis etc.... at the lowest shelf.

Sorry for the late response here, I would say that 30lbs would be plenty and a 7" piece may be about 5lbs or so. :)

-Randy

Back