Tons of green algae

Whysosalty

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2018
Messages
367
Reaction score
266
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright ladies and gents. I just started a new 60 gallon aquarium. I currently have a 150 reef tank that I’ve had for over two years. My question is, my tank is cycled, I have a ton of algae. Like at night I clean the tank and scrap the algae and the next night it’s covered in green algae. Is this normal? I don’t remember being this much algae on my previous tank. Also I use RODI water so that’s also why I’m puzzled by this event occurring.
 
Is there a lot of light? A window or something plus the lights you have?
 
Did you leave the lights off during the cycle? That's a prime time for algae to form.
 
There is a lot of light. I’m running one radion for 8 hours on 50% capacity and then a three hour moonlight cycle. I have a conch, two electric hermits, and a Halloween hermit. I did not use new live rock. I used the live rock that was previously in the tank for the previous owner.
 
e133aae211e9a4a88b1c156e74f1d767.jpg
f8c1de5a6e936febfc0bfbf6e3f4c095.png
d2a30744fc699ecb25c346ff7366d68c.png

Do you think my blenny is happy with the algae breakout?! Lol look at that belly
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new