OP
OP
QuickrdenU

QuickrdenU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost done with the scape. Top part is glued and epoxied. I kind of like it. I tried to create some unique shapes with lots of overhangs and holes. I think it will look even better once the sand covers some of the base up. Also, no way was I able to cut these rocks in half to make foundation pieces.. Masonry blades didn’t hardly scratch them!

0633DFD0-13DE-4EA0-AB38-6D7F57D5B5B0.jpeg

nkkm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost done with the scape. Top part is glued and epoxied. I kind of like it. I tried to create some unique shapes with lots of overhangs and holes. I think it will look even better once the sand covers some of the base up. Also, no way was I able to cut these rocks in half to make foundation pieces.. Masonry blades didn’t hardly scratch them!

Looks great! Currently creating my scape for the same tank.

OP
OP
QuickrdenU

QuickrdenU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! Currently creating my scape for the same tank.
I still have a ton of rock. Tank isn’t here yet so I may continue to create pieces and see if I like something else better. I’d like to see what you come up with. I was nervous about it but it is kind of fun. Lots of work but somewhat enjoyable.

OP
OP
QuickrdenU

QuickrdenU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best purchase ever! So easy! Based off the testing solution I made, compared to the refractometer, it seems high by 0.001 but my eyeball may also be off in zeroing the manual refractometer. I’ll try not to bang it around and hopefully it will stay dialed in.

I also picked up some inkbird wifi heater controllers. Great purchase for some piece of mind on the 2 pico tanks. For them, temperature is probably the only thing that could wipe them out with the quickness. “Knock on wood” Also added some solid lids for the kraken reef covers to cut back on evaporation while away from the house. My ATO’s should last much longer now! :)

98A123EA-6C5A-478B-BF96-0B7BA177E0BE.jpeg

tritonpower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

tritonpower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Looks good. Are you going to have much SPS? If so, may want more room up high. Unless the angle of the picture is deceiving and there is more room up high than I can see.

OP
OP
QuickrdenU

QuickrdenU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. Are you going to have much SPS? If so, may want more room up high. Unless the angle of the picture is deceiving and there is more room up high than I can see.
Thanks! There is plenty of room up top. Anywhere from 8-12” at the tallest parts. I assume that will work. I’ve never had SPS but I’ll definitely give it a go once the tank matures a bit.

OP
OP
QuickrdenU

QuickrdenU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is a question to anyone reading this. The new sale at IM got me thinking..

I’d love to hook up a frag or lagoon type tank next to my display tank. (I’d put the pair of 32” reefbreeders above it and go with ecotech on the DT) Tie it into the DT sump but then use the base of the frag tank for my entire control center and storage. Maybe put some cool neon and clear doors in there for a nice visual. Do it up right and have plenty of space to do so.

I was originally thinking about a lowboy tank with a custom stand/rack for it and my quarantine tanks and phyto/pod cultures and stuff but this would give me a really cool place to highlight all the electronics and dosing pumps and such. Thoughts? Any other frag tanks/cabinets come to mind? I’d like to sort all this out now before I begin plumbing.

OP
OP
QuickrdenU

QuickrdenU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still waiting on the tank! But I’m learning some valuable lessons playing with this pico. I’m sure there is room for more corals… but I’ll let it mature for now and transfer the clowns and favia into the big tank when it gets running.

FEE81146-2AE4-421A-B241-FDF60AB1A825.jpeg
F41D8797-0C3D-4B36-81BB-E85761A34329.jpeg

PopBot16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the longest I've ever waited for anything in my life. I really don't like giving companies free loans for months on end. Still nothing.
Is there any way you can contact someone for an update? I'm thinking of ordering the same tank, still trying to figure out a few details of where it'll go etc., but I don't want to wait too long to place the order.

OP
OP
QuickrdenU

QuickrdenU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They notified me earlier that it arrived in the US and then you have to reply to them to verify the shipping address. It should be here next week. So it will have taken just over 4 months I believe.

OP
OP
QuickrdenU

QuickrdenU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm planning on using DOS pumps in the garage for AWCs but I also want to be able to do large/quick water changes with my plumbing. It seems like there are several ways of doing this. Is there a common approach that works best?

1. No Wye Check Valves, fill up sump when returns are off, pump out water, pump in water.
2. Leave return pump on, pump water out of manifold while pumping in new water
3. Pull from somewhere else besides the return pump chamber? idk

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back