Too close?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lauje
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Lauje

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 30, 2024
Messages
102
Reaction score
36
Location
Orlando
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting to think my Duncan is too close to the Hammer. They both have grown a lot and I wonder if I should move one? Appreciate the input.

IMG_9737.jpeg IMG_9738.jpeg IMG_9739.jpeg
 
Last edited:
If the hammer can reach the duncan you will have damage to the duncan. I have seen 3-5" sweepers come from hammers, not a regular occurrence but they can and will reach out to touch someone.
 
I have tried to find the sweepers but never see them, even at night. I guess I should move him to be safe.
 
Duncan grows very fast, mine went from one head to a cantaloupe size colony in one year, when it got to basketball size I had to get rid of it cause it was shading other corals
 
Duncan grows very fast, mine went from one head to a cantaloupe size colony in one year, when it got to basketball size I had to get rid of it cause it was shading other corals
Ya it already has 7 heads around the base… very quick
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new