Too Many Fish in 40L?

Ghostweim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really, really, really want a red hawkfish... I currently have a 40L AIO with 2 clowns, 1 PJ cardinal, 1 chalk bass, 1 sand sifting goby, 1 feather duster, 1 fire shrimp, 1 tuxedo urchin, 1 purple pin cushion urchin, a lot of coral (acans, duncans, kenya tree, zoas, alveapora, candy cane), 2 crabs, and a handful of assorted snails. Current set up is stable - was a transfer from a 20 gallon and has been up for 5 months. The rock work is now 1.5 years old (from previous tank).

Is 6 fish in the 40L too many?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... I have just seen your tank thread and newer mind ;) You're good to go!

OP
OP
Ghostweim

Ghostweim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get the hawkfish? Interested in seeing how nice it plays with the others!
Not yet - set to arrive here on the 14th. I will try to remember to pop back on and let you know how it goes. I hope he leaves my gorgeous fire shrimp alone. Am thinking it will be ok since the shrimp is pretty big.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet - set to arrive here on the 14th. I will try to remember to pop back on and let you know how it goes. I hope he leaves my gorgeous fire shrimp alone. Am thinking it will be ok since the shrimp is pretty big.
flame hawk or longnose?

OP
OP
Ghostweim

Ghostweim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
flame hawk or longnose?
What I ordered was a red hawk fish - CYPRINOCIRRHITES POLYACTIS - from FisHotel off the Humblefish forum. He did a special order from the Philippines. If you haven't checked him out, Jeff (Dierks) is an awesome vendor that QT's special order fish. All of my fish (barring the clowns) have been from him. They are fat and active when they arrive and on food right away. Can't say enough good about him and the service he provides! I will post a pict of the hawk fish when he is in the tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back