Too much coralline

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, okay I added some zoa frags a couple weeks ago, and I am seeing quite a bit of coralline creep up on the plug with some Rasta’s on it. Any ideas on best remedy? I am thinking pick the plug up, and just scrape off the coralline, without actually taking plug out of the water. Just wanting to see if anyone has a better solution.

IMG_6688.jpeg

OP
OP
Sophie"s mom

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed why do you not want it. It’s a sign your tank is doing well also. If your scrape it off in the tank water that is just going to further seed your tank.
As I said to another, I love coralline, and am always excited to see it, I just need to make sure it will not over grow my Rastas, or prevent them from spreading/growing. If consents that it’s fine, then I will leave it be. But if I need to decide which takes precedence, it it the Rastas no contest.

OctaviusBrine

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I said to another, I love coralline, and am always excited to see it, I just need to make sure it will not over grow my Rastas, or prevent them from spreading/growing. If consents that it’s fine, then I will leave it be. But if I need to decide which takes precedence, it it the Rastas no contest.
Everything grows better over coraline so you’re good.

Rijodan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
to a degree it /can/ cause impendence to growth but zoas i wouldn't worry much about, on the other hand if you are worried and want to do something scraping it like you said would work,

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 55.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back