Too much flow? Xenia

eliaslikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks good, even if it isn’t ideal that xenia is gonna grow like a wildfire. my LFS had some xenia under an old freshwater light with basically no flow on it and it was growing everywhere and then there was more in another frag tank with high flow and it was growing everywhere lol

Northern Flicker

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found when there is truly too much flow (or it's unhappy about something) it loses the nice feathery polyps and gets sharper, thinner polyps in stead. Instead of fans, they look like stars.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys!

Yeah i’m gonna have to cut it alot thank god it is

dang, if it doesn’t behave it will be sold/gifted away very fast for now… i like it!
I love the movement but mine even started attaching to the glass. I just moved tanks and didn't add it. Its down in my basement stock tank now with other misfits lol
I think it looks awesome in an all softy tank where things are just left to grow however they want.

OP
OP
FuriuzReef

FuriuzReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the movement but mine even started attaching to the glass. I just moved tanks and didn't add it. Its down in my basement stock tank now with other misfits lol
I think it looks awesome in an all softy tank where things are just left to grow however they want.
Yeah, ill see how it plays out, for now it looks good in my tank, once i want more LPS and need the space it’s probably going first

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 86 45.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 85 45.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.0%
Back