Too much superglue, redo??

  • Thread starter Thread starter Piker
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Piker

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 10, 2018
Messages
164
Reaction score
65
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved some week old frags (walt disney and a millie) to get them in more appropriate lighting and the superglue gel just wasn't cooperating. I ended up with way more on them then I'd like.

It's been 3 days and the wd has only barely got back some of its polyp extension. Any one have success stories with a large amount t of glue like this, or would removing and scraping and regluing be advised? 1/2 inch frag.
20211203_112214.jpg


Thanks!



20211203_112208.jpg
 
Thanks for the feedback, I think I know to leave them. It's just the patience thing I don't have down lol.
 
Thanks for the reassurance!
 
It should be fine. Try epoxy and superglue next time. Roll a small ball of epoxy and put super glue on the bottom of the epoxy. Then knead it into the rock work. Put a little bit of glue on the bottom of your frag and stick it into the epoxy with a little twist. Works every time!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new