Top 3 Acropora...IF!...You could only put those three in the tank....AND!......only view them in <20K spectrum!

Smite

View Badges
Reaction score
Why 3 you ask?

I want to hear, or better yet see, your TOP picks (and only choosing three really makes it difficult!)

BUT, 3 in a tank you ask? Because I don't want this to be based purely off color- interesting and varying growth patterns really become a major factor!

Why in "daylight" or 20k and under spectrum?! Because we'd end up with a thread full of tenuis ( don't get me wrong I love them and own enough of them) and "rainbows" that only look great a short time of the day.

I'm looking for sps that are show stoppers during the day, not just under the heavy blue/orange glasses...and yes I do that too! :) I'm making a swap to MH lighting and would really like to see some pieces that look good the majority of the day.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
I'm with bubba on the hungs rainbow. I have the grafted version and it looks fabulous in any lighting. Pealberry and sc orange passion are great choices though id have to throw an efflo in there somewhere though.

OP
Smite

Smite

View Badges
Reaction score
Tenuis are hot in 20k as well
Cherry Corals WD Jr
Matt V Psycho Asylum
JF Sunday Driver
Great looking tenuis man! My WD and SC are looking pretty good under daylight as well.

OP
Smite

Smite

View Badges
Reaction score
I'm with bubba on the hungs rainbow. I have the grafted version and it looks fabulous in any lighting. Pealberry and sc orange passion are great choices though id have to throw an efflo in there somewhere though.
I had a nice 500 efflo growing out but lost it with a few other pieces in my stn/rtn battle. I'm hoping the tank has worked through it now.

Top Shelf Aquatics
Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

Chaswood79

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
what?!

OT is like a 42 year old woman who still looks sexy as heII, am I wrong?! She may not be 25, but she still got the face, body, money, experience AND excellent credit score!!!
I think you mean that “one” you don’t tell your friends about. And maybe make hide behind a tree if anyone you know comes walking by.
602BDEB8-ED22-4C5F-8F55-D556FE91D285.jpeg

Can you see her?? Behind the Tenuis tree

Corals.com

How are you accomplishing water flow in your reef tank?

• Powerhead Type Pumps

Votes: 381 66.8%
  • Closed Loop

Votes: 20 3.5%
  • Return Pump

Votes: 319 56.0%
  • Wavemaker

Votes: 217 38.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 15 2.6%

Online statistics

Members online